SAE Dance Major Class Expectations & Reminders
- Dance student artists receive daily participation points. When a dancer is absent or sits out of class they are expected to do an assignment to make up parcial points. When class is missed it is the student’s responsibility to get their missing work and to learn choreography that is missed.
- Dancers must receive an 80% or higher in their dance class to perform in the dance concerts or upcoming performances. This semester the cut off date is Friday, December 3rd. After this deadline the teachers need time to make adjustments to the choreography and formations for any dancers not performing in the show.
- Check the website for all FAA rehearsals.
Dress code: All Black Clothing or Dance Department apparel Required
- Form fitting tank top or T-shirt, SAE shirt, boy cut shorts, leggings (not see through), leotard, tights
- Leotard and black tights or leggings for Ballet Unit.
- Bare feet, jazz shoes, foot paws, or half soles and tennis shoes
- Hair must be pulled out of face (bun for Ballet Unit)
- No Food, Gum, Cell Phones and/or IPods allowed in class
REQUIRED PROJECTS | PERFORMANCES:
Save the dates for all mandatory dance concerts!
- MS | HS Dance Concert - January 18th and 19th (Sounds of the Stars)
- Senior Showcase - April 13th (Perception vs. Reality)
- SAE Arts Festival - May 12th
- Two Outside Performance Critiques or Classes - 1 each Semester
*Tech. rehearsals for every show are held after school 3:45-6pm every day the week dance concert. All rehearsals are mandatory and are apart of their grade. *
Friday Afternoon Arts is a program that is a key part of our curriculum. Student Artists will participate in rehearsals, workshops, and other unique learning opportunities during this time. Student Artists' attendance is mandatory, and failure to attend will affect their grade in their arts course. Schedules will be distributed in your Student Artist's arts classes and posted on www.thesae.org and www.thesaedance.com for the full semester. It is the Student Artist's responsibility to be aware of their schedules and of the days s/he is required to attend Friday Afternoon Arts programs and any assigned rehearsal during that time.
- Dance majors are expected to attend 2 FAA classes in a month. When a student does not attend their FAA they receive a zero. For every FAA zero the student’s grade decreases 7% in their dance classes.
- We encourage students to take all FAA classes. Our program is designed to grow our students to their full potential. These are classes that provide training without a FEE! We hope to see student artist’s taking their Majors seriously and want the time to perfect their craft.
- Classes will be called for choreography rehearsals during FAA. Students are required to attend once they are notified. If they do not attending they may not be removed from that particular dance piece.
- FAA is a scheduled class. If you are not attending but are expected to be in class a parent must check you out of school. Be sure to check the website for all FAA rehearsals.
Stay informed! Thesaedance.com | instagram @sae.mrsanderson |