Could not find any upcoming assignments due.
Service Learning Proposal Presentation
- Introduction of your group members
- Introduce the need in your community that you will address
- Present data/ statistics to justify that this is in fact a need within your community
- Present a minimum of two pieces of research, explaining what has been done historically to meet this need (use your annotated bibliographies).
- Explain your Service Learning Project
- What are the service outcomes?
- What would your volunteers be doing?
- What skills would you and your volunteers gain?
- Introduce two potential community partners
- What would their involvement be?
- What would they have to gain by working with you?
- What are the time parameters for the project? Is it a one-time event or is it recurring?
- Describe the ideal volunteer, and explain your plan for acquiring them.
- End with a call to action
Service Learning Proposal Form
Name of Service Learning Project
- Service outcomes - Who do you want to help? What impact do you want to make?
- Actions service learners will perform - What will the volunteers be doing?
- Learning outcomes - What skills would you like to gain? What skills will the volunteers gain?
Project Time Parameters
Is this a one-time event/service? If it's recurring, how often will it be?
Requirements Of Service Learners - Are there any specific job/ skill requirements for the participants?
Age - Is there a minimum age for the volunteers? If so, what is it?
Community Partners List
- Create a google doc in your Service Learning folder entitled "Community Partners List."
- Each group member is responsible for two entries on this document. The entries should follow the following template:
- Name of community partner
- Description of organization (you can copy and paste from the "About Us" section from company's website"
- Explanation of how your Service Learning project could benefit from this partnership
- URL (website address) to company's homepage
- The Glasshouse
- All ages performance venue located 25 miles east of Los Angeles. This Downtown Pomona venue, historically, has been a tour stop for national bands as well as a host venue for local music festivals.
- Because we are interested in curating a low-cost music show that brings awareness to fostered youth in Pomona, we feel like it is in an ideal location and has the physical capacity to meet the needs of our show. Maybe the Glasshouse could sponsor the event and give us a discount on using the space.
Service Learning Quote Response
Choose a quote that aligns best with your idea of service learning. Explain why this quote represents your feelings. 1 PAGE MINIMUM.
“If we do not act. We shall surely be dragged down the long, dark and shameful corridors of time reserved for those who possess power without compassion, might without morality, and strength without insight.” —Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
“A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.” —Horace Mann
“I believe that serving and being served are reciprocal and that one cannot really be one without the other.” —Robert Greenleaf, educator and writer
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world: indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” —Margaret Mead
“Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have.” —Oprah Winfrey
Financial Plan (example)
6. Financial Plan
6.1 Break-even Analysis
6.2 Projected Profit and Loss
|PRO FORMA PROFIT AND LOSS|
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3|
|Direct Cost of Sales||$204,400||$224,840||$247,324|
Market Analysis Summary (example)
3. Market Analysis Summary
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.2 Target Market Segment Strategy
3.3 Market Needs
3.3 Competition and Buying Patterns
4.1 Competitive Edge
4.2 Marketing Strategy
4.3 Sales Strategy
Company and Management Summary (Example)
6.1 Management Team
6.2 Management Team Gaps
6.3 Personnel Plan
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3|