- Mr. William Bissic
The goal of the Business Entrepreneurship course is to aid our student artists in defining their personal goals, understand marketing and self-promotion, and nurture financially literate entrepreneurs. This course uses project-based learning to explore the intersections between art and business. The Business Entrepreneurship course will provide, through projects and class discussions, a foundation in the principles of economics and entrepreneurship.
No upcoming assignments.
• Research and compare the fees banks charge for various services
• Analyze the relative value and importance of dfferent bank services
- How are credit scores currently calculated? (Use info from notes)
- What is the speaker's argument?
- Do you agree/disagree? Why?
- Tolerance of Uncertainty
- Tolerance of Failure
- Introduction of group members
- Elevator pitch
- Mission and Vision Statements
- Vision Boards
- Distribute questionnaires
- What are your material costs?
- How much of each supply would you need?
- How much time will it take to create each unit (product) that you will be selling?
- How many units do you plan to make?
- How much will you sell each unit for?
- What would the profit be for each unit sold?
- How many units would you need to sell to break even?
- List 3 competitors and their pricing for similar products.
- What demographic groups (age, gender, location, income, education, etc.)?
- How do they think (personality, attitudes, values, interests, hobbies, lifestyle, behaviors, etc.)?
- What needs, challenges, or frustrations do they have?
- How does your idea, service, or product help your target market?
- What media do they currently use (magazines, TV, social media, etc.)?
- Who is your competition? List at least 4 competitors
- How is your product better/different?
- FIND and SAVE a sample Resume from someone within your field of study
- RENAME it as "firstname.lastname.sampleresume" (example william.bissic.sampleresume)
- UPLOAD that file in the folder below that corresponds with the block that you are in
- FIND a portfolio online from an artist within your field of study
- COPY link to portfolio
- CLICK link below and FILL out table (there is a tab at bottom of spreadsheet for each block)
- Read/ listen to an article or podcast about an entrepreneur or startup
- Write a one-page response
- What was the good/ service sold?
- How was the entrepreneur innovative?
- What were the opportunities and threats?
- What skill, tip, and/ or insight could you take away from this entrepreneurial endeavor adn apply to your own career?
- Mixergy podcast (free on app store)
- Job title
- Education requirements
- Required/ recommended experience
- Job description/ duties
- Salary (average or range)
- Career Research doc
- Professional Core Values
- Personal Core Values
- Sample vision (pages 18-19 in business book, also attached)
- Write 3/4 page response to the video
- What was the speaker's argument?
- Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- List 5 "Aha moments."
- What were some interesting ideas that Adam shared?
- What was said that was surprising/ eye opening?
Business of Art: An Artist’s Guide to Profitable Self-Employment
- Please read syllabus with parents/guardians.
- Print and sign names on first page (parents/guardians and student)
- Detach first page and return to Mr. Bissic.